C5a Molecule Synonym Name
C5a,Complement Component 5a
C5a Protein Products
|Cat No||Species||Product Description|
|C5A-H5116||Human||Human Complement Component C5a, Tag Free|
C5a Molecule Background
Human Complement Component C5a (C5a) is also known as C5,and is a protein fragment released from complement component C5.,is a potent chemotactic factor for human peripheral blood neutrophils and monocytes, and is believed to play an important role in a number of inflammatory conditions. There are several functions in the below: C5a is an anaphylatoxin, causing the release of histamine from mast cells; C5a is effective leukocyte chemoattractants, causing the accumulation of white blood cells, especially neutrophil granulocytes, at sites of complement activation; C5a activates white blood cells by increasing avidity for white blood cell integrins and upregulating the Lipoxygenase pathway for arachidonic acid metabolism; C5a is a powerful inflammatory mediator, and seems to be a key factor in the development of pathology of many inflammatory diseases involving the complement system; C5a modulates balance between activating versus inhibitory IgG Fc receptors on leukocytes, thereby enhancing autoimmune response.
- (1) Gerard, C. and N.P. Gerard, 1994, Annu. Rev. Immunol.12:775.
- (2) Monk, PN. et al., 2007, British Journal of Pharmacology. 152: 429-48.
- (3) Reis ES, et al., 2011,Brain Behav Immun. Apr 23.
- (4) Bergseth G,et al., 2011, Ann Thorac Surg., 91(2):527-33.
- (5) Manthey HD,et al., 2009, Int J Biochem Cell Biol., 41(11):2114-7.